I had great news at the end of last week: I got a job and it was the one I wanted! So as of next week, I will be a working woman again. I never thought I would be so excited about work, as opposed to just lazing around at home. But I think people need a purpose in life, something to aim for. So I look forward to joining the Sydney workforce and getting into more of a routine. I hope this will help me to feel more settled and at home here.
My friend has just visited for a few days from Melbourne and we had a fantastic time exploring, spending time on the beach and catching up over a few glasses of wine. It was great to see a familiar face again and we hardly stopped chatting the entire time. We realised it was almost a year ago since we last saw each other, it’s great to have those friends you can just pick up again where you left off, as if no time has passed between.
And here is a roundup of my week:
- This made me laugh: Mila Kunis talks to Chris Stark off the Scott Mills show – I think Mila is awesome!
- This gets me excited: Duchess of Cambridge’s baby bump – who else is excited about a Royal Baby?
- This made me think: Living With Less. A Lot Less. – need to cut back.
- This made me sad: Search for man swept off rocks at Sydney beach – this was just down the road from us, nature can be so scary.
- This got my feet tapping: P!nk – Just Give Me a Reason (feat Nate Ruess)
- This recipe got me baking: Banana Bread Recipe – the bananas had seen better days.
- This music video is AMAZING: Her Morning Elegance / Oren Lavie
I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend (almost there!).